Frequently Asked Questions
- How does buying online from The RoomPlace work?
- Ready to order?
- Where can I see your products in a store?
- I saw an item in one of your stores, but I can't find it on your site. How can I buy it?
- What about delivery?
- How do I know that the color I see on screen is accurate?
- How do I become a The RoomPlace Preferred Customer?
- How do I change my personal information?
- Do you share my information with anyone?
- Is ordering online safe?
- How will my order be delivered?
- When will my order be delivered?
- I thought mattresses had free delivery, but when I checked out I was charged a delivery fee - what happened?
- Can I pick up my furniture?
- You said you deliver in days, but when I checkout, I get a three week delivery date - what happened?
- How can I see the status of my order?
- Can I change my delivery date?
- Will my furniture be assembled for me?
- How do I cancel, change or return an order?
- Are the prices in my Shopping Cart guaranteed?
- What types of payments do you accept?
- Can I use my The RoomPlace credit card online?
- How can I take advantage of deferred financing offers?
- How can I apply for a The RoomPlace credit card?
- What if I have questions about my The RoomPlace Credit Card Account?
- How can I protect the furniture I purchase?
- What do I do if something happens to my protected furniture?
- How can I provide feedback about my store or online experience?
As one of Chicagoland's leading furniture retailers, The RoomPlace is pleased to bring you the best in online shopping. Browse our tremendous selection of merchandise, read our Blog, and use our interactive tools to find everything for your home. You can view and research products online and purchase online and have it delivered or come into any of our 20+ Showroom Locations to purchase.↑ return
Your items are in stock, nearby, and can be delivered quickly and inexpensively. You'll get the same fast delivery and low delivery charges you'll find in our stores.↑ return
To see our products in a local The RoomPlace showroom, enter your zip code and we'll direct you to the nearest RoomPlace location. Interested in seeing a particular item? Click "See this in a local store..." on that product's page. We'll check the inventory at our stores and direct you to a nearby store that is displaying that item.↑ return
First, try finding it on our site by typing the items name, sku or description into our site search box. If you are getting no results than try shortening your search criteria. For example: when looking for: “beautiful black/white zebra chair with high back”. Just shorten to “zebra chair” and you will find it. You can also search by sku if you have it.↑ return
Shopping online with The RoomPlace gives you the same experience as if you had shopped in person at one of our showrooms. We provide you with the same delivery service, and we're close by should you need help. We think it's the best of both worlds - the convenience of online shopping plus the efficient local service of your nearby The RoomPlace Showroom.↑ return
Every computer monitor displays colors slightly differently. To ensure you're seeing the color of our products as they truly are, take theroomplace.com M&M test. If the colors of the candies you see on screen don't look the same as they do in real life, try adjusting your monitor's brightness and contrast. Or refer to your computer user manual for instructions on how to adjust color settings.↑ return
All you have to do is sign up with your email. The process takes only a moment, then press Submit and you're done! The benefits are substantial:
• Receive notice of private sale events
• Receive email discounts, promotions and exclusive web-only offers
• Get inspired by the design ideas in our newsletter
Login to your theroomplace.com Account to change your street or e-mail address, phone number, password or payment options. From your Account, you can also send and receive messages and track and update you The RoomPlace orders.↑ return
At The RoomPlace, our customers are our number one priority. That's why we go to such great lengths to guarantee the security of all credit card transactions. We use the best technology available to encrypt (scramble in code) all personal data you share with us, including your credit card and telephone numbers, name and address.↑ return
The RoomPlace delivers thousands of orders a day, quickly and efficiently. And with our state-of-the-art online tracking system, we keep you in the driver's seat. You choose your delivery date during the purchase process and can track your order online. Here's how it works:
- Complete your order on throomplace.com.
- Your order is then submitted for fulfillment.
We accept your order, we will charge your credit card and provide you with:
- Your Delivery Document Number – this is the reference number we use for your delivery
- Contact information for the customer service representatives that can answer questions about your delivery.
- After your order is accepted, you can track your order on our web site by clicking "My Delivery Documents" in your theroomplace.com Account.
- Before your delivery, you will be contacted and informed of a four(4)hour window when your furniture will be delivered.
Because The RoomPlace has an extensive network of stores, your merchandise will be delivered fast - within a few days in most cases. Plus, we let you choose the delivery date before you check out so there's never a question as to when you'll receive your merchandise. At theroomplace.com, we want you to know exactly when you can get your merchandise, and let you choose a convenient day to receive it. Sounds simple, but we're one of the few furniture websites that offers this level of visibility and flexibility.↑ return
Our free delivery policy on mattresses applies only to premium mattresses of $699 or more. Also, for some locations far from our distribution centers, we are forced to pass on the cost of delivering to these areas to our customers. Please see our Terms and Conditions for details.↑ return
Yes! Place an order on theroomplace.com, and in most cases you can pick up your furniture at our distribution center. Here's how it works:
- Proceed to Checkout from you theroompace.com Shopping Cart.
- During checkout, on our Delivery page, you will see a "Warehouse Delivery" button if your furniture is available to be picked up.
- Click "Warehouse Delivery". We'll flag the order as a pick-up and remove your shipping charges.
- Next you select a pick-up date..
- Pay for and Submit your order. We'll e-mail you details on where to pick up your order.
- We'll alert the local warehouse to expect a pick-up on the date you have selected.
- To pick up your furniture, go to distribution center referenced in your confirmation email.
To pick up your furniture, you must bring with you to our distribution center on the day of your pick-up:
- A printed copy of your confirmation e-mails
- A valid government issued picture ID
- The credit card used to make your purchase.
There are cases where demand for a particular collection is higher than we had anticipated. In these cases, we show you a delivery date that includes the time it will take to restock and deliver to your home. In most cases, once an item has been restocked, delivery dates become significantly shorter again.↑ return
To view the status of your order, simply login to your theroomplace.com Account and select the Order you want to review or change.↑ return
Yes, the delivery date of your order can be changed up until 48 hours before your delivery date. To change the date of delivery, call our customer loyalty at (630) 783-8000↑ return
In almost all cases, our delivery team will assemble the furniture they deliver. Notable exception are occasional tables, RoomPlace Direct (shipped via UPS), where customer assembly may be required. All items where customer assembly is required are marked as such. Pick up orders will not be assembled.↑ return
Please refer to our Policies for additional details including information on cancellations, returns and warranties. These can be read by clicking here or via links displayed on each page of the online order process.
If, within 30 days following the date of your purchase, The RoomPlace or a local retail competitor with a retail store in the same
market area is advertising a lower price for the same in-stock, first quality merchandise from the same manufacturer on the
same terms and conditions, after verification, The RoomPlace will refund the difference on furniture items. On mattresses, The
RoomPlace will refund the difference, or your mattress is free (Excludes: TempurPedic and ComforPedic). The merchandise
needs to be in stock and available for immediate delivery from the competitor.
Our 30 day price match guarantee does not apply to our or our competitors limited-quantity, non-displayed, out-of stock, online offerings, open-box, electronics, refurbished or used items, special order, AS IS, outlet, red-hot deals, unbeatable values or clearance merchandise, floor samples, mail-in incentives, bonus or free merchandise offers, super savers, rebates, special financing, bundles, doorbusters or other similar offers, and is not available once you have exercised your right under The Total Satisfaction Guarantee. This policy does not apply to typographical errors, or a competitors price that resulted from a price match
We accept Visa, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover cards online We also accept The RoomPlace credit card. We cannot accept checks or other means of payments at this time. Because we are not able to validate card addresses and security codes, we also cannot accept credit cards issued outside the United States and Canada at this time. The RoomPlace offers a variety of flexible payment options.↑ return
We are pleased to accept The RoomPlace credit cards online. When you checkout, The RoomPlace card will appear as an option when we ask you to select the type of card you want to use to pay for your order.↑ return
Click on "The RoomPlace Card" from our home page or at the bottom footer to see current financing offers. There is also a list of available financing offers during our checkout process. You'll be told immediately if your order qualifies for the promotion. You then have the opportunity to choose a financing plan. Next you will be asked for your The RoomPlace card number. Please note, you must already have a The RoomPlace credit card (and use that card for your purchase) to receive deferred financing.↑ return
You can apply for The RoomPlace card at any of The RoomPlace showroom or click below:
Apply for The RoomPlace Card
If you have questions about your The RoomPlace Card account status, you can: Check your account status online by clicking here Call 1-866-283-1065 (TDD/TTY: 1-800-695-1788)
When you click "Proceed to Checkout" from you theroomplace.com Shopping Cart, you'll arrive at the first step of our easy-to-use order process. If you have items in your order that can be protected, you'll see additional information and pricing. Click "apply" and your furniture will be protected from normal household stains and damage.↑ return
Contact Guardian directly at 1-800-527-8485 as soon as possible after discovery. Please have your sales order number available to identify your warranty when filing a claim. Guardian will assist you with cleaning, repair or replacement of your protected furniture.↑ return
Please click here to provide feedback about your store or online experience.↑ return