WTMX The Mix - “The RoomPlace Mattress Giveaway”
Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- The WTMX The Mix’s “The RoomPlace Mattress Giveaway” (the "Sweepstakes") is open to listeners who are at least 18 years or older and residents of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin or Michigan. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WTMX, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601 (“Sponsor”), The RoomPlace (the “Promotional Participant”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor and Promotional Participant, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, or Michigan radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Sweepstakes, you cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WTMX within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WTMX within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WDRV contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM Central Time ("CT") on February 10, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on March 22, 2020 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes Period will be broken out into six (6) weekly entry periods, each beginning at 12:00:00 AM CT on Monday and ending at 11:59:59 on Sunday of each week during the Sweepstakes Period (each, a “Weekly Entry Period”).
- Or, to enter without texting, visit https://www.theRoomPlace.com/win-a-mattress to enter your complete name, telephone number, and email. Limit one (1) entry per person/mobile phone/email address per Keyword per day during the entire Sweepstakes Period. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM CT on Sunday of each Weekly Entry Period, or by 11:59:59 PM CT on March 22, 2020 for the final Weekly Entry Period.
Text message and data rates may apply. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting a mobile text entry or email entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the mobile number or email address is registered. The entrant may be required to provide evidence that the entrant is the authorized account holder of the mobile number or email address associated with the winning entry and complete an affidavit and/or any applicable releases. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which may be disqualified. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries are received during the applicable Weekly Entry Period. Decisions of judges are final and binding. The potential Grand Prize winners will be notified by telephone or email on or about the day of the applicable random drawing. Non-winning entries WILL roll over to subsequent Weekly Entry Period random drawings. Sponsor will make up to 2 attempts to contact each potential winner. If Sponsor is unable to contact the potential winner after 2 attempts, that potential winner will forfeit the Prize, and the Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”) – Six (6) Grand Prizes – A new mattress from The RoomPlace. Winner can choose from one of the following exclusive brands: CustomBed, Flip-IT, or MemoryPedic, ARV value not to exceed $2,999. If the actual value of the prize is less than stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the Prize. No cash or other substitution allowed by winner, but Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. All local, state, and federal taxes on the Prize are Winner’s sole responsibility.
The Winners must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Winner is responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting their Prize. Winner may be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing the prize release upon receiving the prize, each winner accepts the prize, and even if the winner does not use the prize, he/she will be responsible for the applicable taxes.
- as a condition of being named an official winner, the potential winner will receive the Prize Releases via email (provided to Sponsor at the Remote) and must return the signed Prize Releases as instructed in the email within 3 business days of receipt of the email, or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate, time permitting. Upon receipt of the Prize Releases, Sponsor will connect winners to the Promotional Participant to arrange for Prize pick-up/delivery at the expense of The RoomPlace.
7. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant's participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant's acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation. Winners agree that the Released Parties have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a Prize, if any, are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and therefore winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
11. Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
12. Official Rules/Winner’s List: For a copy of these Official Rules, request one at the Remote. For the name of the Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by March 30, 2020, to: WTMX “The RoomPlace Mattress Giveaway” Winners, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
13. Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WTMX The Mix, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
*Phone number may be used for promotional purposes, 1 message/month. Msg & Data rates may apply. Reply STOP to these messages to optout or reply HELP for more contact information. For more information please call 630-783-8000.